Saturday, November 8, 2008

Gratitude Day 3

I try to not be big into "material things," but sometimes there is something that I just have to have. When I look around my kitchen, my biggest GRATITUDE is my Bosch mixer. I love it! When we first were married I had a Kitchen Aid and I hated it. About the only thing it could mix was water. Anything thicker and it would jam up. So a few years ago I started asking for a mixer like my mother in-laws. She's had it for like 20 years and it has never given her a problem. My wonderful husband listened to my complaints and bought me one for my birthday.
As I sit here all alone on a beautiful weekend I am actually okay with that. Josh went with one of his college classes today to plant trees. It has been a lot of work and a lot of sacrifce for him to go back to school, but I am GRATEFUL that he did. Even though we feel poor and we hardly see each other anymore, we both know that when he is finally finished with school that it will improve our lives.

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Hey, Infertile Myrtle here! Just wanted to pop in and wish you the best with the adoption thing. You guys seem like wonderful people, and I wish the best for you. I'm also starting the adoption process, and if you ever need someone to talk to, drop a line my way! I've found the best thing for dealing with infertility is #1 prayer and #2 having someone who knows what you're going through to talk to. Cute blog!
infertilemyrtlesblog.blogspot.com