Friday, November 7, 2008

Cat Naps

Our kittens think that we buy everything for their sleeping purposes. Josh's parents gave us their old recliner a few weeks ago and Pyro was the first one to sit in it. She also likes the rocking chair. As soon as I get up in the mornings, Pyro moves to my spot of the bed and lays her head on my pillow. She also loves the closet. Our last place didn't have doors on the closet and we couldn't keep her out. She especially liked sleeping on Josh's pants. But as we like to say "No outfit is complete without kitten hair."
Missy thinks that boxes and bags where ment to be her personal caves. When we lived in our first tiny apartment in Duchesne (where we had a freezer instead of a couch in our living room) we brought home pizza one night. We set it on the freezer while we went in the kitchen to grab our plates. We came back in and she was on the box. She just loved us for getting her a box that was heated! And she will try to get in any box or bag no matter the size....
A few weeks ago I decided I needed a nice big basket to keep in my frontroom to store blankets in. I checked a few stores in town, but couldn't really find anything. Then at the grocery store I saw one in the produce section. It wasn't a display so I wasn't sure if it was for sale. It was above the employees doorway. I found a worker and he went to find another worker. The 2nd guy said I could have it if I wanted. So the first guy went up the ladder and had to unload all the floral and junk out of it. When he finally got it down I thought "oh, it's smaller than it looked up there." Baskets are expensive and I didn't know if I wanted to spend a lot of money on this one if I wasn't going to be happy with it. I asked the worker how much and he said to make an offer. I told him $5. He told me that most baskets that size sell for $25 at least. But he sold that one to me for $5!!! I couldn't say no to that.

I think it looks so cute in my living room. But I had to wonder - how long until the cats discover it and who will be first?

1 comment:

Desi said...

I love how cats think they can take over anything that comes into the house. Our cat, Lilly, loves suitcases most of all. It is really cute, it seems like she is trying to get us to bring her with us on our trips! Then, Rick says that the cat hair everywhere is just her way of leaving love notes.... :)