Monday, November 17, 2008

Gratitude Day 12

I am GRATEFUL for the big home purchase we have been able to make since we were poor, young newlyweds (now I am married to a poor college student - it's about the same!). Our first big purchase was a washer & dryer. I was so excited! When we first got married, we had an old washer and a clothsline. In the winter when it was cold I would hang the clothes in my wash room, but they took forever to dry. Our 2nd big purchase was our chest freezer. When one is married to an avid hunter that is a must! Our 1st aparment (which was actually the 4th place we lived, before that we rented hoouses) was so small that we had to get rid of our used couch (I hated it so that was okay) so we could fit the freezer in the frontroom. For 3 1/2 years we only had banana chairs and a bean bag to sit on. Then we moved to our 2nd apartment and we finally had some room. After we got the computer desk out of storage I realized if I got rid of it I could have a couch. Since we didn't have a computer anymore that was an easy decision. I probably sat on 75 couches at 4 different stores trying to find the perfect one. When we bought this one, the salesman thought its best selling point was the hiden bed. "If you use that only once, it will pay for itself." I wanted to say "If I only need it once, they can suffer a night on the floor!" But actually we quite like it. When we have a really lazy, lazy day, we pull it out and watch movies all day. Our last major purchase for our home was our bed, but as you can recall it is so wonderful that it got a Gratitude all to itself!

I am also GRATEFUL for my kittens. I like to think that I am their mother and that they really love me, even though I don't think Pyro does. They bring such joy (and chaos) into my life. I love having them sleep with us at night. Pyro usually curls up by her daddy's head so he can give her an ear rub. Missy is beside me on her pillow and Zipper is usually curled at my feet (or ON Josh's feet; he hates that) sucking his toes. The best part is on days I get to sleep in and they all cuddle close to me to enjoy the moment of extra rest.
"A house is not a home without a kitten."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I was traveling around I left my cat with my parents. Now my sister has stolen him and won't let me have him back! If I had a place to keep him I would be really upset LOL.