Sunday, November 23, 2008

FSA Activity

Yesterday was our FSA (Families Supporting Adoption) activity. We decided to donate some Thanksgiving dinners to families in our wards this year. It was awesome fun. We brought 3 of the dinners home for our ward. Our bishop wasn't home to devilver them so I have 4 frozen turkeys sitting in my freezer (we bought a 22 lb. bird last night for our upcoming Thanksgiving dinner!) We did try to make sure they got a little of everything they would need for Thanksgiving dinner. The boxes, which we decorated ourselves includ: turkey, turkey roasting pan, frozen pumpkin pie, box of stuffing, bag of potatoes, can of corn, can of cranberries. I hope the families who get them enjoy them.

I should also mention that Josh and I have been asked to be the new Head Chair people of our local FSA chapter. I was excited until the previous ones started unloading all the boxes from their car, now I feel overwhelmed. But I get excited about anything adoption related so onward and upward! We don't have a lot of people that come. I'm not sure how many members our group has, but we only get 2 other couples besides ourselves to these activities. Our goal is to get a better attendance to our activities. FSA is wonderful. It's like a support group family and I can't imagine going through the process of adoption alone.

No comments: