Friday, October 31, 2008

Somethings are not by chance

I was just sitting in the baby room feeling sorry. We were approved in Janaury. If we had found out in January we were pregnant, we'd have a baby by now. Plus I kind of set up my own deadline - I know bad idea but I couldn't help myself. Josh's brother left for his mission a year ago. I just think it would be great if he came home to another neice of nephew so it seemed logical to me. Now that we are at the halfway point I have started to panic because it seems like nothing has changed.

So anyways, I was sitting on the floor in the baby room holding one of the baby blankets I've decided to "collect" when this song came on the radio. Josh and I don't really have a song, but if we did I think it would be "Keeper of the Stars" by Tracy Byrd. Well it came on and as I listened to it in my baby state of mind it hit me in a totally different way. So even if Josh and I don't have a song, I think our baby does now because this is the song I am going to sing to them at night.



It was no accident me finding you
Someone had a hand in it
Long before we ever knew
Now I just can't believe you're in my life
Heaven's smilin' down on me
As I look at you tonight

I tip my hat to the keeper of the stars
He sure knew what he was doin'
When he joined these two hearts
I hold everything, when I hold you in my arms
And I've got all I'll ever need
Thanks to the keeper of the stars

Soft moonlight on your face oh, how you shine
It takes my breath away
Just to look into your eyes
I know I don't deserve a treasure like you
There really are no words
To show my gratitude

So I tip my hat to the keeper of the stars
He sure knew what he was doin'
When he joined these two hearts
I hold everything, when I hold you in my arms
And I've got all I'll ever need
Thanks to the keeper of the stars

It was no accident me finding you
Someone had a hand in it
Long before we ever knew

2 comments:

FriĆ°rikssonS (and Parents) said...

I so understand that feeling of setting a time as a goal and it passing by...Today I am feeling the same thing.
That IS a beautiful song! So sweet...one day you will be rocking your baby singing it and reflecting on today and how you felt...what a joy that will be!

Desi said...

What a beautiful post on such a heartrending emotion. After the introduction, reading the words to that song brought tears to my eyes! I got goosebumps just thinking about that special way that Heavenly Father reached out to let you know that you are not forgotten, and that He has a plan for you.

I think we must all set up "goal" for ourselves. It really makes it hard when the time comes and passes us by with nothing to show for it. I understand. We're getting ready for our 7th anniversary - and I can't help but to feel like there really isn't much to show for all that time.

But, I read a little quote in a Seagull Books catalog last week that said "Trust in the Lord, also means trusting in His timing." That hit me like a load of bricks! So, that is my resolution right now, finding trust in His timing....

You're in my prayers!