Monday, October 27, 2008

Oddles of Noodles!

Last night we had Worms for Brains (Spaghetti in hollowed out orange peppers carved into jack-o'-lanterns). I have never made spaghetti for more than Josh and I, so when I had to cook for 10 adults and 4 children I wasn't sure how much to cook. I had a pot full, but Josh didn't think it was enough, so I made another potful. The first pot would have been enough....
I love spaghetti; it's one of my favorite things. But I'm not sure if I can eat this much. A couple of years ago I made a Southwestern Spaghetti that was really good. I know it was in one of my Taste of Home magazine, but I didn't want to look through each one. The TofH website was being stupid so I made the recipe from memory. Here goes:

Cooked Spaghetti noodles
1 can Spaghetti sauce
1 envelope Taco Seasoning
1 small can sliced olives
1 can sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 lb pork sausage
1 cup cheese
Cook the meat. Beef would work too, but I am a big fan of pork! Drain fat (I don't have to do that since it is homegrown, our big didn't have any fat!). Stir in spaghetti sauce, taco seasoning, olives, mushrooms and garlic. Combine with Spaghetti noodles. Pour into casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Add cheese and cook 5 minutes longer. Wohoo - great dinner idea! Plus I still have enough noodles (hence the title) to make regular spaghetti tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Anne said...

You have so many creative ideas and good recipes! Thanks for sharing, I am stuck in the same old, same old rut!