Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pro Life Letter to Dear Prudence

OMG! I just did something I never thought I would have the guts to do. Every Thursday I read an advice column, "Dear Prudence," on slate.com. Today a lady wrote in and said her husband wanted her to abort their 2nd child. They already had one and he wasn't going to support another. Prudence told her that aborting the baby wouldn't save her mariage, but she also said the she was pro-choice. THAT MADE ME MAD! There was no mention of adoption anywhere in her letter. In a heat of passion I emailed Prudence the following message:

Dear Prudence,
This letter is in regards to your letter to Hurting about her considering an abortion. How can you advertise that you offer adivce when you don't give a complete answer. What is it that people can't understand that there is another choice they can make with an unplanned pregnancy? There are many childless couples in the world that would die to have a baby, myself included. Abortion is not the only answer to an unwanted child. That child is not "unwanted;" that child is missing from a loving family that would welcome him/her into their hearts and homes no matter the circumstances.

I don't know what difference it could make, but it just makes me so mad. You are talking about killing an innocent baby. How could someone even think about that!

No comments: