Saturday, October 4, 2008

Odd & Quirky - the Josh Edition


Here are the rules:Skip the rules - we already went over them.

Odd Quirk Number 1. He plays with his guns! He has a pistol that he keeps by the bed and I will walk in the room and he is pointing it around and pulling back the hammer. He does this daily! And I don't know why he keeps a gun by the bed. I sleep closer to the door and an atomic bomb wouldn't wake him. Some serial killer could sneak in and kill me and he wouldn't wake up!
Odd Quirk Number 2. Speaking of sleeping, that brings up to #2. He twitches in his sleep. And I also find it quirky that he can fall asleep in like 30 seconds and it takes me 30 minutes. But the twitching thing, that is plain weird. They are usually small twitches, but sometimes he has big ones that even wake him up. On the first night we were married he had a big twitch and kicked me out of bed!
Odd Quirk Number 3. I think Josh is a weird eater. He will eat and drink just about anything, anytime during the day! That is bizarre! Everynow and then I like to have breakfast foods for dinner, but I have never woke up in the morning cravy steak or pizza for breakfast.
Odd Quirk Number 4. Josh will get up at 4:00 in the morning on a WEEKEND to go hunting or fishing. I love sleep way too much to give it up for ANYTHING! On the opening morning of deer season this year he got up at 3:30. I think only an insane person would get up before the sun rises.

Odd Quirk Number 5. Josh changes his mind, a lot. Every week he has a different gun or hunting item that he is saving his money for. And I think it is cute and he tries to explain each one to me, but honestly I don't see much of a difference and his mind changes so quickly that I don't see what is better about his newest item of interest. I love him, but it's hard to follow along with him on gun converstations. But on the plus side all his dreaming doesn't cost anything so go ahead and dream big!
Quirk Number 6. Josh doesn't like hair on his body. I think it's because he is slowly balding. For years he has wanted to shave his hair off, but I won't let him. I had to once because I majorly screwed up a hair cut and that was the only way to correct it. I hated how it looked. I like his hair. And yes it is slowly going away. Or he thinks that gravity is slowly pulling it down. He shaves his chest and recently he started shaving his arms. He also makes me shave his back when I give him a haircut. I think it weird, but also funny. He's not hairy; I've seen hairy men and they are gross! But he doesn't want to be that way. The guys he works with finally noticed his arms and they really give him heck about it.

Despite my husbands many quirks I love him deeply.

No comments: