Friday, October 3, 2008

Pyro is Home

Pyro disappeared earlier this week. On Tuesday morning I threw the cats out just like I do every morning. Tuesday night when I called for them to come in, Pyro didn't come. But we didn't worry, she has spent the night outside before. But when she wasn't at the door beggin to come in Wednesday morning I began to worry. Wednesday night when Josh called to say he was just leaving class I was almost in tears! It's not like her to not show up. Again on Thursday morning, no Pyro. On my way home last night I had decided that if she did show up, she would be hurt.

She was sitting on the front porch like nothing was wrong! I hate when she does that!

Pyro is the easiet member of our family to introduce. There isn't much to her. She doesn't like to be held and she likes to sleep. I got Pyro the summer before Josh and I married. He was somewhere fighting a forest fire (hence the name) and I was lonely. Some kids were giving away kittens at the grocery store and I decided to take one home and when my parents saw her, I would beg forgiveness.

It's a sad fact, but Pyro loves Josh more than me. Probably because he never tries to hold her. But sometimes I need to hold a kitten and she is the first one I see! But she does know who takes care of her. If it gets late and night and I'm not home she walks up and down the hallway crying. Josh says on night that I don't come home (like if I go out of town for something), she cries all night long. So I guess she does love me in her own way.

No comments: