Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

IT'S HALLOWEEN! I am so excited. Today I am going to bake sugar cookies to hand out to the few people who venture out to our house. People should learn that it's worth the trip to our home! But that is the downside of living in the country. Our ward is doing trunk-or-treat, but I'm not going. Actually there is 2 reasons I won't go. First off, even though it is my favorite holiday, it is a hard holiday to be childless. It will be less painful if I stay home. Also I don't like the idea of trunk-or-treat. That leaves out so many people especially the older generation. Josh's grandpa Paul loves to have visitors and one would think that you would get several on this night, but since trunk-or-treat started he hardly gets any visitors at all. I don't think that's right. When it started it was supposed to be every other year, they've done it every years since we moved here! To those of you who have children, I do understand how nice it is to make one big stop and you will save gas money. But please, at least stop ot some homes between your house and the church and visit those who can't go out tonight!
As for me I expect to see Josh's boss' family, my nephew, and maybe the kids from Josh's Sunday School class, although I don't expect them until we go to bed and they'll probably bring toilet paper....

No comments: