Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cranberry Cheese Spread

Okay, I'm not excatly sure what is Halloween about this appetizer, but it was in my Halloween Taste of Home Magazine and it was so yummy! I didn't spread mine over an entire plate like they did in the picture. Instead I made up the mixture and let it set up in a bowl. Then I transfered it to a plate. It came out in an almost perfect shape. For crackers I had multi grain wheat thins and another multi grain cracker. I thought they would be better than a salty type cracker.

Cranberry Cheese Spread
Ingredients:
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 can (16 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Assorted crackers
Directions: In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, honey and cinnamon until smooth. Spread onto a serving dish or plate. In a small bowl, stir cranberry sauce until it reaches spreading consistency; spread over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Serve with crackers. Yield: 12-14 servings.

1 comment:

Anne said...

You have so many fun halloween decorations and a lot of GREAT recipes too. Thanks for sharing!