Monday, January 26, 2009

You Think You Know a Person....

I learned the funniest thing about my husband yesterday. I've heard this story several times, but I guess I never knew the full truth. Here is what I did know.
While my husband was growing up he got mad at his parents one day and declared that he was obviously just a hired hand and since he was, he was going to sleep in the bunk house (i.e. saddle shed). Apparently he only lasted a few hours in there.
What child doesn't have these moments? I can remember having tantrums like this. I can remember telling my mom I knew she had me just so I could watch her other kids that she wanted to have and clean house. I was probably 9 when this happened.
Anyway, we were sitting at the dinner table at Josh's parents last night and they somehow started talking about his "hired hand" status. After we shared the laugh that always follows the telling of this story, his sister asked what started it and then she remembered "Wasn't it because mom wouldn't let you go out that night?"
Go out that night? What 9 year old wants to go out at night? So I turned to him and asked just how old he was when this happened. He wouldn't answer me, so his family filled me in.
This happened when he was 16 or 17! I still can't stop laughing! Isn't my hubby just the funniest ever?

No comments: