Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mountains of Paperwork

I'm convinced that is all there is to adoption. Fill this out, sign here, initial and date here. And I just don't understand if why there can't be just one page for your contact info. It seems like every other page they want your address, phone, email, full name, birth date, etc.
I would be willing to bet we haven't really even began to see all the paperwork that is involved. I'm sure once we are chosen we have to fill out more paperwork saying that yes, this is the birth mom we have chosen to place our undying hope and wishes with. Then after the baby is born and placed with us I'm sure we'll have to bring our pens to the meetings. And, of course, there is the court date where we will once again sign a ton of paperwork.
And even when you think you are done with the paperwork some more comes flying at you! I'm getting ready to complete our Parent Profiles online page and once again there is paperwork. It just so discouraging at times. But despite that I am going to take it all home tonight and point out the many place to my hubby where I need his signature so that I can forge forward with faith and mail in the paperwork so we can have one more online profile for scammers to contact us on. Oh, and hopefully in the midst of those, a wonderful woman will contact us about wanting to place her child with us, which is the only reason I continue to sign here, initial there and date here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can't wait for you to get your little one. if i ever hear of people wanting to adopt their babies out your my number one recomendation. you and josh will be amazing parents! i was gonna tell you--after we left and davin was in the car--the whole way to bradys parents ((yes we HAD to go there)) davin just kept saying "annah annah" and i know he means you. he's just shy in person haha!