Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I don't like Brussels Sprouts

My dad had shoulder surgery today to repair a torn rotator cuff. Since you spend most of the time sitting around a waiting room, while they set on a bed waiting on the doctor, I chose to let his girlfriend sit and wait with him while I went to work. (I only work a block away.)

During my lunch break, I ran over to see how he was doing. He was still in recovery so I found his girlfriend in the cafeteria and ate lunch with her. One of the choices they had was Brussels sprouts. I think they are the cutest vegetable, but I had never tried them. So I had a brave moment and asked the lady to give me three. She was generous and gave me four. All I can say is YUCK! But I did try them and I am proud of myself for that.

For those of you who are wondering, my dad is doing great. I went to his house after I got off work to find him bringing wood into the house for his fireplace. He has declared that he is already bored. He's in for a long ride; he has the next several weeks off...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have to try real brussel sprouts. hospital food is always disgusting! just make sure you put lots of butter on them!