Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Perfect Dinner Roll Part 2....Perfect Dinner Roll

The name of this roll may be coincedence, or it may be true. I still want to try a few more recipes before I add my claim that this is, indeed, the Perfect Dinner Roll.

Perfect Dinner Rolls
1 Tbs. active dry yeast
2-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1/4 cup powdered nondairy creamer
2-1/4 tsp. salt
6 to 7 cups bread flour
----------
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, shortening, creamer, salt and 5 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
Turn the dough ont a floured surface; knead utnil smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
Punch the dough down. Turn doguh onto a lightly flroued surface; divide into 24 peices. Shape each piece inot a roll. Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks.

After I try a few more recipes I will let you know if I think this roll needs renamed, but so far it has been my favorite.

1 comment:

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Hi Savannah - I am from the yahoo group. I don't comment much, but love to check in with everyone. I will have to try your recipe for rolls. My husband LOVES rolls for dinner & I would love to be able to make them from scratch when we are out of his favorite Rhodes freezer rolls. I love your blog! Good luck finding your baby!