Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Another Picture...and a funny story

Josh's mom took this picture on the day after my birthday when we went over for birthday cake. Clearly I was dressed casually and wasn't expecting pictures, but I think it turned out nice so I have added it to our profiles.
When she asked me the day before what kind of cake I wanted I told her Cranberry Cake. It's one of my favorites. But something about it makes it difficult to make. Josh made it years ago for me. I was so proud of him, because it was a total surprise and he didn't call me once for directions. So when I got home he was a little frustrated because it was still soggy in the center and he had cooked it for the time the recipe said and then more. All I could do was laugh. He had cooked it in a bread pan. We tried to transfer it to a cake pan, but it still didn't turn out. But I love him for trying.
When my mother in-law made it, she had to bake two. When she pulled the first one out of the oven she noticed that she forgot to add the cranberries. Those are the best part! So she hurried and put another one together. I was a good sport and tried some of both, but it is definitely better with cranberries.

No comments: