Saturday, January 24, 2009

First shooting session

I've decided to try my hand at professional photography (the camera was expensive, I need to put it to good use!). So to get some practice I volunteered to do my nephew's pictures. His mother and I had already decided to try this a few different days because 2 years old can be difficult when you want them to do something they don't want to do. I think that was a good idea. If we can get a few good pictures each time it well be well worth it.
Here is a sampling of my favorite pictures from today.
We had a hard time getting him to look at the camera, hold still, and smile at the same time. But they still turned out nice.



Then we decided to enlist some help from his favorite kitty Friendly. Friendly beats up all the other cats on the farm, but he is great with Preston. He just sits there patiently while Preston plays with him. I've never seen such a calm cat with a young toddler before.


These next two pictures are my favorites. The best smiles we got today were because of Friendly. The first smile came when his mom walked in the room with the cat.
The other great picture was just as Friendly jumped out of the wagon. For once I had PERFECT timing.
Playing with Friendly when we've had enough of the picture taking.
At one point we decided to get some pictures in a little rocking chair so we moved the wagon into the bathroom across the hall. It broke his heart.
These last few pictures I took while we were taking a break from taking pictures.
This picture would have been so cute if I hadn't turned my camera off before hand. I walked in to check on Preston and saw two heads peeking out from beneath the bed. His and another cats. By the time I got my camera on and zoomed in correctly the cat was gone and Preston was getting up to chase her.

No comments: