Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sidebar Buttons

Someone asked me where I got my buttons in the sidebar. The first one "It's hard to wait around for something you know may never happen, bit it's even harder when you know it's everything you want," I stole from another blog, but now I can't remember from who. I loved it and was going through a hard time with our lack of children so I copied it and posted it as a jpeg. I feel guilty, but it rang so true and I haven't been able to force myself to delete it. So since I stole it, I give anyone permission to steal it from me.
The 2nd one is actually a tile plaque that I bought back in October. I bought two hoping to give one to our birth mother at placement. I took a picture of it and posted it to remind me that Miracles can happen everyday. Feel free to use it on your blog!
"Sometimes God calms the storm and sometimes He lets the storm rage and He calms the child." I saw that in a magazine. It was a picture of a lighthouse with a storm in the background. I loved the saying and had to have it. I want to have it made into a big sign for my house, but I can't decide how I want it to look. For the background I used a program called Scrapblog that you can use free on the Internet.
I love my Family Circus Cartoon! When we took our adoption classes last spring they gave us a disk that had several articles. It was part of it. I hope my kids will say cute things like that someday.
The quote by Dr. Seuss I found on a friends Parent Profiles. I loved it and decided since it was Dr. Seuss it wasn't really steeling when I posted it. I used Scrapblog to create it too. I don't like how it looks, but I keep forgetting to try something different.
The picture collages of Josh and I where made with Picasa. When we did our first LDSFS online profile there is only 4 places to put pictures. Some high tech people can do slide shows, but I liked this idea better. Since our new profiles have a 24 picture picture album I didn't need to use these again, but I left them here just to give a quick look at who we are.
The pictures of my kittens I made with Scrapblog. That program is really fun to work in. I also made a gift certificate when for a guy at work that wanted to buy Scentsy stuff for his wife, but didn't know what to choose. So I had him pay for the package he wanted and made up a certificate. I think it turned out nice.
My reading blinkie I got off of The Cutest Blog on the Block. That is also where I get my backgrounds. It seems to be a very popular thing to do; most blogs I follow use it too.
Then I have just inserted other quotes and poems that I love and want to see often.
On my counters you can click on them and I think they will take you to where you can make your own counter. I really like the three I have (2 on the side and one at the bottom) so I use them all. I especially love the design of the counter at the bottom.
I haven't figured out yet how to make an actual button that thinks to our profiles, but I want to. If I figure it out, I'll let everyone know!
Thanks for the questions, keep them coming.

No comments: