Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Preston's Soccer Game

Watching a group of 4 and 5 year olds play soccer is just about the funniest thing ever. All those kids running around chasing one ball, tripping over each other, tripping over the ball, tackling each other, falling into the goal net. Its just one big laugh fest. I was delighted that Melanie invited me to his games. I've already missed a few, but it was so fun last night, I don't plan to miss many (if any) more.

Preston's team is the purple team. But it was pretty cold, so he is wearing a blue hoddie over his uniform. You can tell fall is here by the chill in the air in the evenings. I LOVE IT!

I'm not sure how much Preston loves soccer, but he definitely loves all of the running. 





Someone had just scored a goal. They were gathering the kids together so the other team could throw the ball back into play. Preston took that opportunity to score a goal of his own.

And then to fall into the net. That seemed to be a favorite among the kids.

I think he was getting ready to crash (on purpose I might add) when I snapped this picture. I just love the joy you can see in his face.

Among little kids, tackling is a pretty big part of soccer.


All eight players chasing the ball, that just rolled out of the picture.

The other team scored, but Preston still decided to fall into the net.

Getting ready to kick the ball back into play.




Tyler had fun helping the team gather up all of their practice balls. He's such a good helper. 

He's so little, but this picture makes him look like such a big boy.


The best part about soccer is the treat after the game. Preston had two fruit roll ups. I thought it was so sweet of him to share with his little brother.

No comments: