Wednesday, September 7, 2011

August Swap Group - Picture Frames

In August we went to Sarah's house to make picture frames. We each brought some trim and then decided how big we wanted our frames to be. I decided to try and get 3 smaller sizes out of my trim, so I went with 5 x 7.

Sarah invited us to run the cutter, but I was too nervous, so I just held the board while she did all of the cuts.

After that, we had to cut a groove in the back so the picture would sit in. My board was so small, you can't actually see it on the machine, but here is a picture of Jessica's so you can get an idea of what it looks like. Once again, most of us let Sarah do the work for us. It was a pretty busy night for her and pretty relaxed for the rest of us.

My board is down there somewhere.


By then, it was getting dark so we decided we would have to finish our frames on our own. So we headed inside for dessert. It was delish! I wish I had thought to take a picture before the cake was cut up, but I didn't think about it until we were all done eating. So I took a picture of what was left of the cake.


This time it was my turn to provide the prize. I was running late, so I didn't have time to take a nice picture of it all set out. Instead, I hurried and set it up in my car and took a picture of it.
 

I've slowly been working on my frames at home. The brackets I bought came with screws that are too big, so I also bought a bag of tiny screws.

At first, I thought I could hand drive them all. I gave up after four screws. We have a drill (we found it on the side of the road), but I couldn't find a bit for it. So I patiently waited for a time when Josh could help me.


I didn't buy enough screws, so I've only finished two of my frames so far. I want to paint them, but I'm still deciding what color. When I finish them I'll be sure to post more pictures.

No comments: