Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

Jessica, Kim and I decided to try the Bountiful Baskets this week. It all started with a panic on Tuesday morning when we thought we missed the sign up, but we got online and there was a few spots left. :) 

Bountiful Baskets only comes to our area every other week. I must admit, I was pretty nervous because I am such a picky eater. But when I saw those gorgeous red peppers, I was sold! I can't believe how much stuff came in our basket. A bag of potatoes, a head of some kind of leafy lettuce, 3 red peppers, cauliflower, grapes, 2 artichokes, 10 plums, 5 tomatoes, strawberries, cantaloupe, 7 apples and 10 bananas - all for $15! (I also had to pay a one time fee of $3 as a first time person.) You can also add on extras like bread or sometimes cases of fruit, but since it was our first time we decided to just get the basic basket. Next time I think one of use will order the bread with our basket and we will split it. 

I hope this will be the motivation I need to eat better. I put most of the fruits in a basket on my table and already we have enjoyed some grapes, apples and a plum. I don't like cantaloupe and since Josh will be gone next week, we are going to take it to breakfast with his family in the morning. We also won't eat most of the tomatoes (Josh said to leave him one), but work makes salsa every week so I'll just donate them to that. I need to learn to cook artichoke. I had it once when I was younger at a friends house and loved it so I'm excited to try it myself. 

I can't wait for the next basket in two weeks!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love your fruit basket on your table. :) I'm donating my red peppers to you and a few things to work mostly because just the two of us can't eat it all! I had so much fun today!