Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cake Decorating Class 2: Week 4

Another cake class has come to the end. I'm always a little sad when that happens because they are so much fun. Tonight we worked on our final project. I was a little stressed over mine, but it turned out beautiful. One Monday I decided to bake my cake so I could do the main layer of frosting on Tuesday. So Monday night I poured the cake box mix into a bowl and added my eggs. When I turned towards the sink to add the water, the bowl bumped the counter and spilled on my floor. I was then out of eggs. :( So instead I made my cake on Tuesday night and then got up a little early on Wednesday to do the frosting. A while back I bought a horse shoe cake pan, but hadn't used it yet, so even though the inside curve intimated me, I decided to try it out anyways. 

I really wanted to do the basket weave, but the inner curve made me change my mind. I'm glad I did because just doing the bead border was hard. Then on the top I did the rope border. I think its my new favorite border. All we had to do for our final project was do a flower arrangement. I was only going to do mine at the bottom and up one side, but it was so much fun so I did both sides of the show and then some of the edges also. 

For my cake batter, I used my all time favorite cake recipe, Yogurt Cake and then I did Lemon Buttercream Frosting. I can't wait to try my cake, but I want Josh to see it first so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow night. 





I already miss cake class, but our Fondant class will be next month so I don't have to wait long. Until then we also started a book club to keep us busy with excuses to get together. 

3 comments:

Jill Elizabeth said...

The rope border looks amazing! I don't want to sound stalker-ish or anything, but it's been fun to see your decorated cakes get prettier and prettier!

Now I'm hungry for cake ...

Tammy said...

Savannah,
Fun cute cake! It's really done nicely.

Jessica said...

I loved your cake! It turned out absolutely perfect.