Monday, September 6, 2010

Close to My Heart August Pages

Our September group is this week and I've still never posted the pages from last month!

But first, I have to share this new technique I learned because it is so cool! I read an article on the Internet last week that suggest uses for common household things. The two things I remember both have to do with dental floss. 1) Use a non flavored dental floss to slice cheesecake. I will be sure to try that next time I make a cheesecake! 2) Use dental floss to remove photos and other things from scrapbook pages.

I have been going to a scrapbook group for about 3 years now. Each month we create a few pages and the idea is to go home and add pictures to it. I have NEVER done that. I also have a bad habit of not finishing the pages that night and promising myself I'll finish them later. So today I decided to finish up a few of those pages. This page was supposed to have ribbon on it, but they ran out that night. It goes under the quote. I started to peal it off with my finger and the page started to tear. That is when I remembered the dental floss! It worked beautifully! I ended up using it on several different things I needed lifted to put ribbon and other things on. I have the final project posted below.

These were our August pages. They were so much fun. I never remember what the techniques are called, but I love how we did the letters and the leaves to the flowers. You stamp the leaf on the ink pad and then you stamp that stamp on top of another stamp. Doing this lifts some of the ink off and then you stamp it on the paper to get a cool texture effect.

Here is a few of the older pages I have. Some of them are designed my Janel who runs the group I go to now. Some of the pages are from the last group I belonged too, but they don't get together anymore. Those pages were designed by Andrea.
By Janel
By Andrea
By Andrea
By Janel

By Janel

If you want to order any Close to My Heart products, Janel has a website HERE.

No comments: