Friday, September 10, 2010

Cake Decorating Class 2: Week 1

Last night we started our second cake decorating class. We will continue to learn borders and flowers.

First we learned to do sweet peas. This blue one is the one the teacher did to show me what to do.
The one on the left was one of my best ones. Not sure what happened on the other one.
The center one was another one of my favorites.
Then we learned rose buds. I had a hard time with them and my teacher had to help me make several. These are a few we made together.
I finally figured out I wasn't holding my hand quite right and finally made a few good ones.
For borders we learned Rosettes and the Reverse Shell. I never felt like I did well with the shell border, so I only did two. They are on the very bottom left corner of my complete board.

Next week we are going to start learning roses. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Your rosettes look way better than mine! I never did get the hang of it. I'll keep practicing!

Elizabeth and Brian said...

Hand over those flowers! Sugar!!! Yum