Friday, March 6, 2009

Surgery

I had to take Pyro to the vet today. She's had a lump between her shoulder for a while now and it was my first priority to get her to the vet with my now FREE Friday's! (That is great! I'm glad to have Friday's off again. To celebrate I slept in until 7:30, got up for 15 minutes and then went back to bed until 9:00. It was wonderful).

Pyro loves car rides so unless we take all the cats in for their shots, we let her ride in the back window. I prefer it that way too, because I am convinced she gets car sick if she can't see out a window.



This was the ride home. She didn't blink for the first 15 miles. Even after that all she really did was move her head a few times.
When we got home we tried to get her to lay on a blanket, but she kept trying to walk around. She would only get a step or two and then fall down. We tried putting her in a box, thinking that if she didn't have the strength to climb out she would sleep. That didn't work either. She ended up getting half way out and then before I could help her, gravity did the rest for her and she fell on the floor.
I feel like such a bad, mean momma right now...We finally decided that the best medicine would be daddy's love. Hopefully, the drugs will wear off soon and she will back to her ornery self. Wait, that is the plus side to this. I can hold her and she doesn't growl at me.
We have to go back in two weeks so they can take the stiches out. Zipper and Missy will be living outside for the most part until then.

No comments: