Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Cleaning....Room 1

I should be embarrassed. I let the spare rooms of our house get so dirty over the winter. So this weekend I tackled the back bedroom. I know it doesn't look like it, but it's supposed to be a scrapbook room for me and then a place for Josh to store his misc. hunting supplies. Here is some before shots.
Oh my, I have a LOT of work to do! Here is some after shots. I still need to clean out the closet and I may or may not have pushed all of Josh's stuff into one corner. One of my groups has been talking about simplifying our homes and lives. I filled the outside garbage completely in 2 days.
Here is my scrapbook table. I had forgotten how big it was! I can't wait to start scrapbooking again! I don't have many pictures to scrapbook, but I think I will start just creating some blank pictures, that way when I have pictures, but no time to scrapbook I can just put the pictures on the pages.
This is the best addition to the room. I spent all day Friday de-junking and I decided I needed something to better organize my space. So the minute Josh walked in Friday night I convinced him we needed to run to Vernal so I could buy a shelf. He needed to buy a few things to, so it wasn't hard to convince him. And just to let you know how quirky I am... I hung the ribbon twice. I had it a row lower and didn't like it, but I was trying to live with it and then I found some more ribbon rolls I had missed. And I realized that some ribbon rolled from the top and some rolled from the bottom. So I went ahead and moved it a shelf higher, and made sure they all roll from off the top.
Josh's corner is still a mess. I didn't know what I could throw away and what I needed to keep. I will work on that next weekend.
Here is a picture of kittens playing in the box that the shelves came in.

1 comment:

OUR HAPPY FAMILY said...

I have to say, from one struggling-to-keep-it-organized-and-uncluttered- person to another, I am VERY proud with the your progress!
I remember our extra room became a junk room for everything we weren't sure what to do with. Thankfully our adoption homestudies always motivated me to dejunk and get everything in order. The problem is, it's an ongoing battle and I always have to start over again! And I get stuck on little distracting things like how you did with redoing the ribbon twice.
I recently read this book "THe Ultimate Career: THe Art of Homemaking" So doesn't sound appealing to me, but that's exactly why I needed it. LOL!