Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My not so secret admirers

Working the front desk at my job seems to have it's perks. Sure I have to deal with a lot of smelling, unsavory, or otherwise sometime annoying people, but there is always a few who do like me.

A few weeks ago we were busy so I had someone come up to help me. When I pointed out who was next in line, he declared he would wait until his "girlfriend" could help him and insisted the guy behind him go next. Then as he went to leave he told me to watch as he drove by so I could see his new trailer that he does his cooking stand out of. This guy also will always make sure my husband is still treating me right.

This week another gentleman presented me with a gift.
A jewelry box that he made himself. He does woodwork and he does a really good job. I insisted that I couldn't take it, that my husband would be jealous. But he was persistent so I accepted it and told him no more presents. He just grinned and said we would have to see about that.

I don't worry about these guys to much. They are old enough to be my grandpa's. I figure they are just lonely.

Oh, and that jealous husband I mentioned? When I called to tell him about my present he asked what it was. When I told him it was a jewelry box his response was, "Oh, good. You've been asking for one of those. Now I don't have to buy one." Yep, I love that man!

No comments: