Monday, March 9, 2009

All in Good Fun!

The Book of Mormon is a book of scriptures that we use in the church we belong to. That is why we are also referred to as the Mormon's even though the real name of our church is "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints". If you would like to learn more about our church or have any questions feel free to email me at sourbonk [at] yahoo [dot] com.
I found this poem today and it was too cute not to share. Someone had left it by the printer at work. I found it online at about.com.
I hope those of you who know the stories in the Book of Mormon will get a chuckle out of this.

What if Dr. Seuss had written the Book of Mormon.
Nephi:
Of goodly parents I was born
I've never drunk, I've never sworn
This is Lehi, he's my dad
Laman, Lemuel, they are bad
And who is this? Why this is Sam.

Sam:
Yes, this is Sam; Sam I am

Laman:
That Sam I am, that Sam I am
I do not like that Sam I am

Sam:
In a tent, my father dwelt

Laman:
And it's so hot, I think I'll melt

Lemuel:
Our father's brain is out of whack

Laman:
Yeah, it's too hot, I'm going back

Lehi:
Then go and get the plates, my dear

Laman:
On second thought, I'm staying here

Nephi:
You said you'd leave and go away
Now all you want to do is stay?

Lemuel:
That Nephi always gets his way

Laman:
Here we are in this damp cave

Sam:
We would not be here if you'd behave

Nephi:
I will go and I will do
There's the angel, that's my cue
Laban's had too much to drink
Now he'll lose his head, I think

Nephi:
Look what I found, a brother from the quorum

Sam:
We will take him home, we will call him Zoram

Laman:
Our gold and silver we have spent
I do not like it in this tent

Lemuel:
I cannot read the Liahona
I must have drunk too much Corona

Laman:
We hate it here, we have no lives

Lehi:
Then go back to the city and get some wives

Lehi:
A tree, a tree, I see a tree!!
The fruit is white, the fruit is free!
A floating building, could it be?
Why do they laugh and stare at me?
Laman, Lemuel, come and see!

Laman:
We will not eat your precious fruit

Lemuel:
We will not wear a tie and suit

Laman:
We will not help you build your boat

Lemuel:
We do not think that it will float

Laman:
No not this boat, it will not float
Not even in a shallow moat
I do not care what Nephi wrote

Lemuel:
We will not eat your fruit I say

Laman:
We will not eat it on a tray

Lemuel:
And we won't eat it in a tent
Not even if your clothes you rent

Laman:
We'd rather have a can of spam

L&L:
We will not eat it, Sam I am

Sam:
You do not like it, so you say
Try it, try it, and you may
Try it and you may I say

Laman:
Sam, if you will let us be,
We will try it, you will see

L&L:
Say, we like this fruit of life
Sorry that we caused such strife
You've saved us from an awful jam
Thank you, thank you, Sam I am!

2 comments:

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

That's cute!

Hey Savannah,
You were the 1st person to apply to my craft blog entry, so if you are still interested in having me send you something, send me your address and I can get it made and sent in the mail

Thanks,
Carlie

trentncarlie at gmail dot com

brandya said...

What a cute article and a fun way to look at Nephi's story! Thanks for sharing! Did you write it yourself?