Thursday, March 12, 2009

I stole this from another blog

But since it was a quote by an Apostle of our church, I guess it's not really stealing (which is a good thing because our church frowns upon the kind of thing). But the quote was so good that I wanted to post it here. The blog I got it from is Inky Smiles; she does a thought every Thursday and I always look forward to them.

"Hope is not knowledge, but rather the abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promise to us. ... It is believing and expecting that our prayers will be answered. It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance."In the language of the gospel, this hope is sure, unwavering, and active. The prophets of old speak of a 'firm hope' (Alma 34:41) and a 'lively hope' (1 Peter 1:3). It is a hope glorifying God through good works. With hope comes joy and happiness. With hope, we can 'have patience, and bear . . . [our] afflictions' (Alma 34:41)."
~ Dieter F. Uchtdorf

2 comments:

Ercanbrack's said...

I love that quote! Your blog is always so fun and inspirational! thanks!

Ercanbrack's said...

ILove that quote! I really enjoy looking at your blog!