Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ringlet T-shirt Scarf

I saw a tutorial for a ringlet t-shirt scarf about a year ago and decided to try it out. I bought some shirts at the DI. Then I forgot about them. Its a pretty lazy weekend, so I've been trying to get some crafts taken care of. While looking for something else, I found the t-shirts and decided to make the scarf. 

First cut the hems off and set to the side, you will need them later. Then cut the shirt into strips, about 3/4 inch wide. 

Then stretch them all out. I stretched them between my hands, but used my foot once so I could take a picture. This is where I learned that each shirt was made from a different material, the white shirt stretched out much better then the pink or brown. My OCD suggested I go look in the hubs closet for some t-shirts I could cut up, but I had already cut 50 strips, I didn't feel like starting over. 

After they are stretched, circle them around your hand. 


Cut your hem into lengths about 5 inches long. Near the end I didn't have enough, so I cut the hems off the sleeves too. Use the hem strips to tie the loops together. 



Now to just wait for the weather to turn colder so I can wear it. 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Love all the crafts you did this weekend. I hated to think of you all alone up there, but how fun that you did all these fun projects!