Friday, April 30, 2010

Family Block Kits

My cousins and I got together this week to put our family block kits from the Idea Closet together.
The first kit you can modge podge a cardstock picture onto, but I decided to just tape a wallet sized picture on so I can change it each year. I LOVE the saying on this kit, it really helps me remember how much I love Josh and it will be okay if it is just the two of us forever.
The second kit came with papers that were cream and black, but I knew this paper would fit our family better. Its the Sarsaparilla kit from Close to My Heart.
I love getting together with these women. They married my cousins, but quickly became family. I remember growing up I didn't like to play with my cousins (cause they were boys), but I am so glad they married such wonderful women and that we have become such close friends. I love you guys so much.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the saying on the "Home" blocks as well. The saying gives me a lot of comfort. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I think it will be okay too, if Mike and I are the only "family" in this life. The little boy we were looking into didn't turn out for us. We are heartbroken.... again!!! We were so close this time. Maybe next time, if there is a next time. If not that's okay. Thanks for being such a neat person and such a great advocate for adoption! You are awesome!

Teah said...

Those are so cute. You are really talented. Did you say you ordered a kit from somewhere? Where was it? I know this sounds funny but I also love the red wall behind it. It looks like its been splotched over with another color but I couldn't tell what. Anyway I think it looks fantastic.