Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter


The Easter bunny was busy this year, so he had Zipper fill in.
We've never really gotten into the Easter spirit before, but this year we decided to exchange baskets. On Friday we went to Vernal to do our taxes (yay, we are getting an itsy bitsy return which is always better than having to pay more). Then we went to Walmart and tried to shop at the same time, while avoiding the other so they wouldn't see our own carts. It worked almost perfectly (I saw Josh right after he picked out a pillow for me).
Here is the basket I made for Josh. He's been begging for a Wii fishing game, which is actually what made me decide we should exchange gifts this year so I could buy it as a surprise. I bought him his two favorite drinks and then a basket full of candy.
This is the basket he made for me. He even put the pillow in my pillow case (that is why it doesn't show up very well). He also got me measuring spoons & cups that I was in desperate need of.
I LOVE the basket he picked out. I almost called him in the store to tell him to pick a basket I could use year round, but I didn't want to act like a controlling wife so I didn't. It was the most beautiful basket in the store, and he got it for me! My husband is the greatest.
When we pulled into the driveway Friday afternoon he told me he didn't want to wait until Sunday to exchange baskets, he bought me something he thought I would want to use this weekend. I had a small moment of panic because when I bought him the Wii games, I also bought Mario Party Wii for myself. I was worried he had bought it too.
We quickly put our baskets together and made the exchange. I'm glad we didn't wait. We have had fun this weekend eating candy, watching movies, and playing games.
We also had a moment of confusion. We each thought the other was going to buy the New Moon DVD so neither of us bought it. He thought I would buy it because I think its cute he is such a huge fan of Twilight and I thought he would buy it because I remember telling him I wanted three movies: The Blind Side, New Moon, and Bolt. So on Monday when he goes to class in Vernal he is going to swing in and buy those two movies to add to my basket.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I got a new basket almost exactly like yours. I love it! This year was a first for us to exchange gifts also. It was really fun and a good idea to do it early so you could play with your new toys all weekend!

Ashley said...

I cried like a baby while watching The Blind Side. Loved it loved it loved it!!