Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Formspring Question answered - What went wrong?

I am wondering, now that perhaps you have a bit of perspective (?)- what do you think went wrong with your match?

I don't know that anything went wrong. Sometimes things just don't work out. Both her and her mom sent a message afterwards that I'm sure was meant to offer comfort, but I guess when your heart is breaking, its hard to see the comfort.

When we decide to start looking again and if we ever get lucky enough to meet someone again, I really don't know what to do differently. We really had no idea she was having second thoughts.

Mostly I question God. Why did we meet her? Why did things feel so right only to end this way? Why wasn't it meant to be? What did we do wrong? Maybe this is a question I can't answer....

2 comments:

Jill Elizabeth said...

I'm with you; I don't think anything went wrong. This simply wasn't supposed to be your baby.

Not that knowing that makes dealing with things any easier, of course. You're in my prayers.

J said...

Lovely post...beautifully said. You did nothing wrong and honestly, it is their loss not yours. Yes, you lost out on this baby but this baby wasn't meant for you...I know your baby is out there, and I'm praying that you meet him or her soon. I don't know why things happen the way they do and I don't know why you were matched to only have it fall through...but God has the answers and I know you will understand soon!