Thursday, April 29, 2010

Formspring question answered - What's nice and not nice about living in Utah?

What are your favorite things about living in Utah? Also, how about your least favorite things?

I guess I've never really thought about it. I've always lived in Utah, and except for a few short months, I've always lived within half an hour of where I grew up. In the nine years we've been married, we have lived in 8 different homes. Insane, I know. When I talk about how much I hate moving, I know what I'm talking about.

We've been in our current home for almost four years now and it by far the best place we have ever lived. It is bigger and nicer than anywhere else we have ever lived. But the nicest thing is the country we live in. We have some amazing views. We live on a dead end road so there is never any traffic. Josh loves watching the deer and elk in the fields and I love that I can put the cats outside and not worry about them getting run over. I love how quite it is at night. I grew up right next to a major road in town and it was never quite.

The down side to where we live is the shopping. The nearest gas station and grocery store are 15 mins. away. The nearest Wal-mart is just over an hour away. If I want to buy nice clothes, I have to make a 2-1/2 drive to the city. Sometimes I wish we had more variety for shopping nearby, but then that would mean a more populated area to live in, and I don't want that.

The other part about living in Utah, that sometimes bothers me, is the culture (aka, Mormonism) of the state. Get married, have lots of kids. Its hard living in an area where everyone is having babies, but you. I think if we lived anywhere than Utah, the pressure wouldn't be so hard.

Ask me a question on Formspring. Also be sure to view my page there, I'm not posting all the questions and answers on my blog.

No comments: