Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Formspring question answered - How did you and Josh meet?

How did you and your hubby meet and how long did you date before you got married? by jacobandsharon

Josh and I met the the beginning of my junior year/his senior year. One of my good friends had relatives and friends in Altamont and I actually dated Josh's best friend first. I met Josh the night after his friend and I had hooked up. I dated his friend for about a month and the entire time Josh didn't try to hide the fact that he had a crush on me. The one thing I remember most is one night a group of us were at Taco Time and I caught him staring at me. I asked what he was looking at and he said, "Just enjoying the view."

The night his friend and I broke up, Josh was right there to ask for my phone number. But it also happened to be hunting season and I got tired of waiting for him to call, so I called him first. Our first date was just a group of us going to the park to hang out. He kept trying to hold my hand and it scared me, so I kept taking my hand back and throwing grass at him. He kissed me on my second date (he'll try to tell you it was the 3rd), but then he didn't kiss me again for a few weeks. Within weeks he knew he loved me, but it took me quite a few months to decide I loved him. Poor guy, each time he told me he loved me, all I could say was "thank you." I finally told him I loved him on my birthday, he was shocked into silence.

There was no big surprise proposal, just a bunch of little ones where he would tell me he knew he wanted to marry me. The first time he said that was March 31, 2000. I had gone to his house to study for the ACT test. (Yes, we really did study. How could we do anything else with his mom sitting at the table with us?) When he walked me to my truck that night I asked him what he was thinking. He told me, "I want to marry you." The next day (April 1) he told his mom about the conversation. When she got mad he told her "April Fools."

We dated for 17 months and were married on February 9th, 2001 in the Jordan River Temple. I can't remember my life before him. He makes me laugh, he hold me when I cry. He makes me feel complete. I know it sounds cliche, but he is my other half, I would be lost without him. Next year we celebrate 10 years of marriage, I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

*If you figure out the math, yes I was not even officially out of high school when we were married. ;) And given the chance to redo things, I would do it the exact same way.

Ask me a question on Formspring. Also be sure to view my page there, I'm not posting all the questions and answers on my blog.