Saturday, April 24, 2010

Time to go fishing!

Once again, I caught the first fish of the year. Josh had just put out some line for crawdads and hadn't even casted his fishing pole out yet. He heard me giggle and asked me what was funny. "This is my I caught the first fish and I'm trying not to be smug about it giggle."

And of course I caught the biggest fish. And the most fish. *giggle* I always out fish Josh.
My second fish. Josh still hadn't caught any.
Josh holding the fish we kept. We threw a few back and one jumped off the bank and got away. Josh made fish tacos for his dinner (I don't like fish). You can see the picture and recipe on my cooking blog.
The loons are so fun to watch. I love to watch them dive in the water and try to guess where they will resurface. We thought they ate small fish like minnows, but one came up holding the tail of a good sized fish. He didn't stick around to get a picture though. It was so cool.
Here's one more picture of my fish. (Josh says I'm so *humble* about catching fish).

2 comments:

Jill Elizabeth said...

I love that you out-fished him! That cracks me up :o)

KT said...

Wow...that is some good fishing!