Monday, May 3, 2010

Formspring question answered - Childhood memories

What are some of your favorite memories from childhood?

Here is a random sampling of the things that come right to mind.

Selling pumpkins with my dad. I always looked forward to October so we set up his stand. I think that is when I decided I wanted to be a secretary. I liked helping people pick out the perfect pumpkin and then counting back their change. But, I did not enjoy wedding said garden. I also remember a few times I would get up early and go help my dad change the water lines. It was towards the end of summer when the watermelon were ripe, so we would have that for breakfast.

I loved playing Barbie dolls. By far, my favorite thing to do growing up. :) Who knows how many late nights we stayed up playing all night. I remember my friend and I used to think that we would be old ladies, hiding in our attics, playing Barbie.

I think the funniest memory is when we went to Disney Land the first time. I remember two things about that trip. The "Its a Small World After All" ride and on the way down, the hubcap fell off of the truck and I can remember my dad looking for it on the side of the interstate.

I loved playing in the ditch by my grandparents house. When it had water in it, we would wade it in (it only was a few inches deep) and when it was dry we would make sandcastles.

The alpine slide in Park City. My mom had a friend who had a condo, or worked for a condo, I forget that detail. But we would go spend a weekend in Park City and do to the Alpine Slide. That is back when they didn't charge you per trip up the mountain, but instead you could buy a day pass and go as many times as you wanted.

We went to Lagoon every year, usually 3 or 4 times. I loved it! They used to take your picture right inside the park, and then you could have it made into a key chain where you looked inside to do the picture. We always seemed to hit the bounce back and if all of the family couldn't come the second time, we would sign our friends names instead so they could come with us.

Ask me a question on Formspring. Also be sure to view my page there, I'm not posting all the questions and answers on my blog.

No comments: