Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cake Decorating Class: Week 1

Tuesday was our first cake decorating class. Jessica, Kim and I are taking the class together. It was so much fun!

The first thing we learned tonight was how to feel the cupcakes. That was the easy part.

Then we learned just a fun swirl to decorate cupcakes. The first thing I learned is...I was holding the piping bag wrong. Its supposed to be at a 90 degree angle.

My first cupcake.
My second cupcake.
Everyone else only did one or two cupcakes. I was the only person that had to practice on three. But I think I finally got it in the end.
I love my face in this picture. I was concentrating so hard to get it right!
After the cupcakes we learned how to pipe shells.
This is the cake our teacher did her demonstrations on. I am so excited to know how to better frost a cake now. To smooth the frosting, she used a Viva paper towel and just gently patted it smooth. At the end of class our teacher does some drawings. I won a rotating cake board and the cake. Since Josh wasn't home this week, I took it to work the next day. Everyone wanted to know why is said The End. Because that is how our teacher showed us the two different ways to write on cake.
Class was so much fun. Every time I hang out with Jessica and Kim, I am so grateful to have them as friends.
Josh is already encouraging me to practice my new skills on a regular basis. I can make the cakes beautiful and he will make sure they get eaten.
Our teacher has a website HERE where she has some pictures from her other classes and a schedule of upcoming classes.

2 comments:

Heather said...

mmmmmmm chocolate! You are so awesome

KT said...

Oh, I love decorating cakes! I wish I had more time (and more occasions) to do it...