Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Formspring Question Answered - How many kids do you want?

How many children would you have if it were up to you? What does Josh think?

I've been sitting on this question for a few weeks now.

We are in near agreement about our family size. We both want at least 2 kids, but some days I think I might want 3 kids. The factor in my wavering decision is, I want at least 1 boy and 1 girl. So if we had just 2 boys I would want to try once more for a girl. But I would stop at 3, even if they were all the same gender.

Another thing we agree on is, we want some space between each child so we can enjoy each age to the fullest. Our agency will let us renew our profile when the youngest child turns 1, but I think we will wait until they are at least 2, maybe even 3.

I guess the reason I haven't answered this question yet is because all plans of children are on hold for now. We are still in mourning and our hearts feel no where healed enough to put ourselves back out there. Right now we are focusing our lives on it just being the two of us. And right now, I am okay with that.

---
Ask me a question on Formspring. Also be sure to view my page there, I'm not posting all the questions and answers on my blog.

2 comments:

KT said...

I suppose we always thought two kids; however, as of recently, I don't know that we could do this all again...(it also doesn't help that we haven't yet been successful at one).

Savannah said...

KT, I completely agree. It has been so hard just trying to get one child that I don't know if I would do it again. Its hard financial and emotionally and I don't know if I have the strength to do it again.