Wednesday, February 11, 2009

We survived...

...Another trip to the city. Seriously, we only go like twice a year. It can be more stressful than it is fun. I wanted a jetted tub for our anniversary; the best we could afford was a one night stay in a hotel that had one.
So off to the city we went. Our first stop was at Quizno's for lunch. I love this place and if they had a restaurant around here I would eat there everyday. I always get the Chicken Carbonara. After Quizno's we went to Cabela's. That's actually become a tradition. When we go to Cabela's we have to eat at Quizno's. I must say I am impressed with Josh; he didn't buy a thing at Cabela's. We walked out only $30 poorer because we bought a ball cap for his brother and a package of their cinnamon roasted cashew nuts.
And he impressed me once again because the next place we went was Sportman's Warehouse. This time we walked out without buying a thing!
After that we made a stop for me and went to the Quilted Bear. That place is awesome. I had never been there before. I wanted to buy everything! Instead I bought a few things for our home. When I saw these things I just had to have them. They were perfect!

We also did some window shopping at the mall. The best service we got all weekend was at a clothing store in the mall. That night we once again fell in love with the Olive Garden. The waitress had a hard time believing that all I wanted on my salad was a lime & a lemon (click here to learn more about that on my cooking blog.)

The hotel bed was okay but the tub was pretty sweet! On Sunday we just lazily worked our way back home, but most everything was closed. I went to a Barne's & Nobel, but they didn't have the books I was looking for so we didn't buy anything there.

For dinner we stopped at Ruby River Steakhouse. I don't care for Steakhouse's, but that one was pretty good.

I'm glad to report that we made it home safely with most of our sanity in tact. Honestly, how do people live like that? The roads are scary with all those drivers, every where you go there is a crowd and a wait. I am so glad we live in the country.

1 comment:

Elizabeth and Brian said...

I am glad you had a good time. I complain alot about living in a rural town but it does have it's perks. The only traffic jams we have is when the Amish come to town in their wagons. When ever I go to the city and have to sit in all that traffic I am so glad I don't live there.