Thursday, February 26, 2009

I feel pretty, oh so pretty...

My mom won a free makeover with a Mary Kay Consultant. I have a family member who also does Mary Kay and I am not big on makeup, but I knew it would be a fun night so I went along. To start the night out I had to fight my brother's cat, Alto, for the chair. We started with a Satin Hands Treatment. I LOVE THIS STUFF! Misty described it best when I bought it. Your hands feel so soft, just like sleeping in silk pj's with fresh shaved legs! After that we washed our faces. We were all pretty busy so I didn't get pictures during that part.

Then we did the makeup. I don't wear makeup. I think it's a waste of time and money. I never learned how to use it when I was younger and and never really bothered with it. Oh, there's been a few times during our marriage that I've worn it, but really all I use is a little eye liner and mascara.

We started with foundation. I don't like foundation. I felt like my face was dirty and I wanted to wash it off. We thought powder would be better because I think my skin is a little oily, but I might try some liquid foundation if I end up buying anything.

This is my sister doing her makeup. She was the only one wearing makeup when we got there so she had to wash hers off first. She looked pretty before and after the makeover night.
I told her I wouldn't use this picture, but every time I see it I can't stop laughing. Her eyes look so funny! She LOVED the mascara.
Here is my mom doing her makeup. She ended up choosing some great colors.
Ah, what a disaster. I was trying to follow the guide, but I did it wrong. My eyes looked so scary! The gal tried to fix it, but it was still noticeable so I was able to use the makeup remover too!
See, here she is trying to correct me. I told her I didn't know what I was doing. I'm sure she was thinking "What kind of girl doesn't wear makeup." Um, me.
She was a great consultant. It defiantly looked much better doing it her way.
Despite the fact that I still don't know if I like how it turned out, it was a great night. I want every one's honest opinion. What do you think? Should I try to find the lady in me and start wearing more makeup?
Josh's thoughts? He thinks I look good either way. He has actually told me this several times. Last summer they did some work on a house and he would come home and tell me he was grateful I didn't look like that lady without makeup. He says some people need makeup to look good or their face is scary, but he says I am not that way.

5 comments:

Brady and Richelle said...

I think you look GORGEOUS! I agree with Josh you look pretty either way but I think make-up looks really good on you! I hope you had lots of fun!

Jessica said...

I think you look great! Particularly you eyes and lips. You're lucky that you can go either way with makeup though. I don't like the way I look without it!!

Desi said...

I don't think women need makeup to be beautiful women. I've always felt a bit bugged by the Temple Square Mission requiring the sisters to wear makeup. It's like telling women that they aren't good enough as they naturally are.

With that said, I've just learned how to use eye liner and love what it does to my eyes! I read this book called "Don't go to the cosmetic counter without me" and it tells you what is good and bad about EVERY brand and each of thier products. Some good brands have bad products. Turns out that I was using a lot of poor quality products. I invested some gift cards into buying good product and I've been surprised at the results. I kind of like wearing makeup now and like the results. I don't wear a ton, and I don't wear it all the time, because I still don't think we NEED it to be strong, beautiful women who people listen to and pay attention to.

I think you look great without the makeup, and I think you looked great with it. YOU are what looks good, the makeup only enhances what is naturally you!

~Our Family~ said...

I agree with your husband I think you look great either way.. The makeup looks great on you though it brings outyour eyes.. Anyway what ever you decide is what is best for you.. I don't like to go anyway without my makeup on but I have been way lazy lately and haven't put any on for days.. I usually only where it when we go out places anyway...

Malone and Brittany said...

Girl, I can't go ANYWHERE without my face! You're so lucky you can go both ways, but I'm not gonna lie I think your most beautiful features are brought out better with makeup. BTW I think your last picture should go on your adoption profile! The makeup looks very natural on you though, I would go with yes on the makeup!