Friday, February 27, 2009

Chinese Horoscope = Wishful Thinking

Today I received a Chinese Feng Shui horoscope. I don't put any stock in these things, but I still do them because it's fun and sometimes it does hit the nail right on the head. I liked some of the "promises" of this one so I thought I would post it here.
1. Which is your favorite color: Red, Black, Blue, Green or Yellow?
Yellow
2. Your first initial?
S
3. Your month of birth?
January
4. Which color do you like more, Black or White?
Black
5. The name of a person that is the same sex as you?
***** (I think I will keep that answer to myself for now.)
6. Your favorite number?
Nine
7. Do you like California or Florida more?
Florida
8. Do you like a lake or the ocean more?
Ocean
9. Write down a wish (a realistic one).
I wish I was a mother...is that realistic enough?
Answers:
1. If you chose:
Red - You are alert and your life is full of love.
Black - You are conservative and aggressive.
Green - Your soul is relaxed and you are laid back.
Blue - You are spontaneous and love affection.
Yellow - You are a very happy person and give good advice to those who are down. Well, I do love to talk.
2. If your initials are:
A-K You have a lot of love and friendships in your life.
L-R You try to live your life to the max and your love life is soon to bloom.
S-Z You like to help others and your future looks very bright. As in bright that the lights will be on during the night because I will be feeding a baby?

3. If you were born in:
Jan-Mar: The year will go very well for you and you will discover that you fall in love with someone totally unexpected. Does that mean there is an adoption in the horizon...
Apr-Jun: You will have a strong love relationship that will last forever.
Jul-Sep: You will have a great year and will experience a major life-changing experience for the good.
Oct-Dec: Your life will be great, you will find you soul mate.
4. If you chose:
Black: Your life is about to get better. You are more than ready for the change. Well some days I feel like it can't get much worse so better is something to shoot for. And you have no idea how ready I feel...
White: You have a friend who completely confides in you and would do anything for you, but you may not realize it.

5. This person should be your best friend...Um, I don't feel like a nice person right now. But I am going to work harder at being a nice person, especially to this person!

6. This is how many close friends you will have in your life time. Hmm, do I know all of those nine people yet? Somehow I don't think so, I can't wait to meet them!

7. If you chose:
California: You like adventure.
Florida: You are a laid back person. That is exactly why I chose Florida. See, these things really do work!

8. If you chose:
Lake: You are loyal to your friends and your lover. You are very reserved.
Ocean: You are spontaneous and like to please people. Wow, that sounds like me. I just want people to like me.

9. This wish will come true if you send this to 1 person in one hour.... YADA YADA YADA. Like that really makes a difference! But I can only hope, I figured I would get my best coverage by posting it here. But seriously, I could believe in these things until it gets to this point. How did good luck come about before mass emailings?
Here's the plan: I will have to remember to read this post a year from now and see if it actually worked. Of course if it's like the past year, when I look back I will still see the same empty house... Come on horoscope, don't fail me now!

No comments: