Thursday, February 12, 2009

Congratulations to us!

Here is what we know:

She is is due May 25th.

She is 41.

She lives in Tennesse

She is married, but he husband is all for adoption also.

She already has 2 full grown children and 2 grandchildren.

She has a medical condition and knows she won't live to raise this child.

Oh, and she is all full of lies! (Seriously, couldn't you see the red flags!)

I know I had everyone going, but I am trying to share it like it happened so you can feel my joy and then my pain.

I was at work when my cell phone rang. I could see it was an out of state number so I just let it ring and hoped they would leave a message. I hoped it was a birth mother, but didn't know what I would say. A few minutes later Josh called in a panic. Someone wanted to give us their baby.
Even though we took a few moments to hope, we immediately we saw all the red flags.What is the life threatening condition? Her husband doesn't want to keep a part of his dying wife? Her two full-grown children don't want to raise their sibling?
I was so excited for about an hour. I'm not even sure what I did during that time. But the entire time bells were going off: this is too good to be true. So I did some searching on-line and I found someone who has been approached by this same person and she knows of others.
I know think I know what a drug addict goes through. That first hour was so exciting. My heart sped up yet slowed down at the same time! I was dreaming big, counting days, and making plans. I want to feel that high again! But only if it is the real deal.
So Congratulations to us. We just survived our first con artist scam. I don't count the emails we've gotten because you could tell they weren't real.

1 comment:

Teah said...

ouch!!!! I am so sorry. That had to hurt. Your right, I saw just the first little blurb and got really excited for you. Then the reality was just really painful... and I'm not the one adopting. It makes you think how can people be so gross. I'm glad you caught on so quick. Good luck and I hope you don't get any more of those.