Saturday, December 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Josh

Today is Josh's birthday. He is now 27. He thinks that is old, but I won't let him talk that way because I am a year younger and I refuse to think of myself as old.
In honor of Josh's birthday, here is 27 things I love about him (in no particular order):
1- He is so handsome. Let face it girls, I married the best catch out there. I love his smile, his eyes, his broad shoulders, his "hind quarters". I just love to look at him.
2- I love how he was so quick to embrace adoption. I was a little scared about how he would react when he saw his test results, but he just said oh well, how would you like to adopt? He is so excited that our family is going to grow that way. He can hardly wait to meet our birth parents and he prayers for their health, strength, and courage every night.
3- He has such a calm temperament. Not much upsets him and even when he gets mad he keeps it under control.
4- He is so passionate about hunting. When we first married I had a hard time with that, but now I get excited with him. He is always so excited after a successful hunt and I know he takes great pride that it helps provide food for his family.
5- I love how Josh works so hard even at jobs that he doesn't care for.
6- I am so proud of Josh for going back to school. I know that because of that we will have to sacrifice money and also our time together, but I know that when he is done it will be well worth it.
7- I love how Josh loves my cooking. Just this week he said that he wouldn't be gaining weight if I didn't cook so well. I offered to start burning his portion of the meal (I'm not going to ruin my food too!) so that he wouldn't want to eat so much, but he told me to keep the good food coming.
8- I love that he is a cowboy and that he brought me to live this wonderful country life.
9- I love how all he seems to care about is my happiness. He would let me have ANYTHING I want if I would just ask.
10- I love how he spoils me and will do anything I ask.
11- Let's just say that he makes the bedroom very exciting....
12- I love that when I married him, I became a part of his family. I love his family so much.
13- I'm so glad that Josh has learned to like cats. Oh, he has always likes animals but when we married I insisted on having a cat, in the house, that never went outside. If nothing we have since reversed roles. I think the cats should now live outside and he thinks they should stay in.
14- I love cuddling with Josh. He is just the most comfortable thing to lay against.
15- I love how he holds me when I cry and tries to convince me that everything will be alright.
16- I love him for marrying me for time & eternity in my favorite temple, the Jordan River Temple, even though it was a couple hours away from where both our families live.
17- I love to watch him play with his nephew and his little cousins. He loves to be around children and I know he will make a great father someday.
18- I love how he is so willing to help around the house - sometimes he will even surprise me if he beats me home and has a chance to do dishes and make the bed (that's right, we don't always make the bed in the morning).
19- I love how he works so hard to keep our house warm. We could heat it with propane, but he insists on building a fire and on really cold nights he will get up at 2:00 in the morning to build it back up.
20- I love how excited he gets over Twilight. We usually read books that are way different, but he is a huge Twilight fan and I think it is just cute. He told me a few weeks ago that he now drinks Coke because that is what Bella drinks.
21- I love how he only wants the best and how sometimes he has to save up for it. He has taught me there is a difference between quantity & quality.
22- I love that he is such a great kisser. He still makes my knees go weak.
23- I love how he doesn't let a public place stop him from showing affection. There has been many times while in a store that he has let me know that he still thinks I am good lookin'.
24- I love that he will put up with my decorating the house for Halloween about 6 weeks before the holiday. He always tells me to wait until at least October, but when he comes home to find the house all decked out he just lets me know how good it looks.
25- I love how humble he is. He doesn't think he is much, but I think the world of him.
26- I love that he lets me wear his shirts when I am working around the house.
27- I love that he still kisses me good night every night when we go to bed and everyday when we leave to go to work.
Happy Birthday Sweetheart. I love you so much.

1 comment:

Teah said...

Ya know they say that your best year is the year you turn the same age as the day your birthday is on. So this is your Year Josh. 27 on 27. Of course that means my best year was when I was one. Must have been a good one because I don't remember a thing.:)
Happy Birthday! I hope it was a great one.