Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas with my mom

My mom is super cool. We usually end up spending holidays with Josh's family, but my mom is always awesome to arrange a different time for her family to get together so we can all be there. So today we went to her house for the traditional Christmas Fondue dinner. We've been doing that for as long as I can remember. A few years ago she tried to do something else and we all got after her because we always do fondue on Christmas. We have cheese dip with bread, broccoli and cauliflower and caramel dip with apples & bananas and then some kind of meat. This year she did prime rib. It was a ton of fun. We usually choose our own presents so there isn't usually any surprises, but that way we get exactly want we want. I had her pay for some scrap booking stuff I wanted (and needed to finish my cookbooks!) and Josh had her get him some stuff for his hides so he can better get them ready to sell. We had a great time.
This was the reaction that I expected from my cookbooks!
Thanks mom!

Josh with some of his new hide stretching stuff.
This is the blanket that my brother gave us for Christmas. It is so warm.

Me playing around with my new camera. Somehow I hit a button that is a self timer, but now I can't find it again. I need to read the book!

Good food and good times!

No comments: