Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gratitude Day 28

Since I have spent so much time having a pity party lately I thought maybe I should talk about the things I am GRATEFUL for in regards to our infertility. It was a hard thing to go through but I know it could have been worse.
I am GRATEFUL I never had a miscarriage. I have met people who have gone through that and I admire them for being able to survive it. I know they must have dealt with an enormous amount of pain, but I will never completely understand that. With my family history I always knew it was a possibility to miscarry and it terrified me. I am GRATEFUL that that Lord seemed to think that was a trial I didn't need to go through. I am also GRATEFUL that we learned so quickly that we needed to adopt. I am GRATEFUL to a dear friend who convinced us to test Josh. If we hadn't of, we may have continued onto other avenues trying to achieve a pregnancy. Trying to conceive is not a cheap thing. I am GRATEFUL that we weren't into it with a lot of money before we realized what path we needed to pursue.
I am GRATEFUL for wonderful friends who suggested different things we could try. It has really touched my heart. I received more advice today and I appreciate it. If we didn't feel so strongly about adoption we would maybe consider this advice. I am GRATEFUL to the wonderful people who embraced us when we announced we were going to adopt. It is a scary thing to consider, but we had some great family and friends who have been with us since we made the announcement.
I am GRATEFUL for the wonderful people we have met that are also going through this same trial. There is strength in numbers and I think I finally understand what it means to stand in need of comfort to those who need it.
Even though I am still saddened about our infertility I am GRATEFUL at how fast I was able to accept that a pregnancy was not meant for me. I am GRATEFUL that I don't have to be pregnant: just think I get to miss out on morning sickness, heartburn, swollen feet, swollen belly, sore back, tiredness, labor, etc. and yet I still get to have a baby someday. I am GRATEFUL that both Josh and I feel so strongly about adoption. We both have our own testimonies about it and we have always been able to agree it was best for our family.
I am most GRATEFUL for a wonderful, loving husband who has been there for me every step of the way through this journey. Never once did we question our love for each other or did we wonder "what if". We have gone through this together and grown so much closer because of it. Just thinking of him with our child seems to make it all worth it. He is going to be a great dad someday. I know there is some struggling with infertility trials that are much worse than mine. I know their pain is great and my heart goes out to them.

No comments: