Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Good News, Bad News

The good news is that our new LDS Adoption Website is up and running. You can view it at http://beta.itsaboutlove.org and type in our profile number 7275236. The bad news is that some of the pictures did not work very well. I'm not sure why. Once I figured out how to re-size them I did them all the same way. Needless to say I am a little frustrated (okay I lied I am VERY frustrated). These websites have been so much work and for them to not look professional just frustrates me. On Parent Profiles (which we are still working on) you can actually preview the website and see exactly what it will look like once it is published, but with the LDS websites you can't do that (WHY?!).
Anyhoodle, I debated actually letting the world know about this website, but I realized that potential birth moms could look at it, so I decided to let every one know so they can look for any errors that need fixed. I am trying to learn more about the pictures and hope to have them fixed soon and would like to fix anything else at the same time.
Another bit of good news is that we aren't in the 10 longest waiting families section.

2 comments:

Elizabeth and Brian said...

Congrats on getting your profile done. I like the new site but haven't liked the add your profile section. It is confusing. I have no idea what I have done or what it looks like. I am hoping that they will fix it while still in beta.

I am so overwhelmed with makeing the new one. I worked so hard on the other one and the parent profiles one. I am so busy. I don't know how you do and work. My calling is really overwhelming me plus being the FSA Chair.

Anonymous said...

Were the pictures that didn't work scanned in? Sometimes different file types for pictures size differently. Sometimes its just the size of the picture to begin with. When you take a picture with a digital camera they have whats called megapixels. The more megapixels the better the picture is and the larger the size of the file it is too. Different cameras have different qualities and megapixels. What program were you using to resize your pictures?