Thursday, December 4, 2008

Gratitude Day 29

I am GRATEFUL for a nice peaceful evening (that means I ignored the sink full of dishes and decided we could eat leftovers for dinner). Not only did I get the chance to read my new book, Love Me, but I also finished it (that's right, I can read an entire book in one day!). It was so good! Oh, it's not my new favorite of hers, but once again Marcia Lynn McClure has managed to captivate me.
These books always make me think back to when Josh & I were dating. I can remember our first date. A big group of friends went to the park and I had invited Josh. I was tired of waiting for him to ask me out (apparently he was waiting until hunting season was over...). All night he kept trying to hold my hand. I would get nervous and pull my hand away and then try to start a grass fight or something else to keep my hand away. But he finally prevailed. At one point all the couples started to break off and we ended up cuddling in the soccer net. It was so...wonderful. It felt so right. After that I didn't try to take my hand away from him.
Our first kiss was just a quick peck really. I'm sure he was so nervous that's all he could do. And he should have been nervous, he kissed me on our second date! Then it scared him and he didn't kiss me again for several dates. A few dates later he wrote me a letter (I bet I still have it somewhere!) and in it he asked if it was okay if he kissed me again. Isn't that the sweetest thing ever!! Being the tease that I was I told him I had to think about. And I did. That's all I had done since our first kiss! The next day we went horseback riding and that is when he kissed me again. It was heaven.
I am GRATEFUL I married a man who is such a wonderful and passionate kisser! I am GRATEFUL for such a wonderful, persistent man who kept trying to win my heart even when I wasn't always the most receptive of him, but that is probably a story for another day...

No comments: