Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Resultions - The Results

I didn't quite meet all of my resolutions for 2011, but really, this was the 1st year I've actually wrote out a list of resolutions, so just that was a big deal for me. Then to see how well I did on them, that was a big deal too.

1. Craft more. Yep, I did that. I had gotten specific and said I wanted to get into card making. I started out strong on that. But then I seemed to burn out. I did make Mother's Day cards for our moms and grandma's and I think they each loved getting a handmade card for me. Also this year, I handmade my Christmas cards. I made about 80 and I think that is what burned me out on cards. But I made enough that I already have next years cards ready.

I hand made most of my Christmas gifts again and LOVED that. My scrapbooks turned out so wonderful. And I loved making the coasters and now seeing them around the office. I think my favorite craft of the year was my nephew blocks; I love looking at those every day. I'll just stare at them and think "what cute nephews I have."

2. Exercise. This is the goal I set already planning on failing. Getting in shape seems to be EVERY ONE'S goal so I felt pressured to make sure it was on my list. When I set this goal I had NO idea that I would end the year 5 sizes smaller and 60 pounds lighter! What an amazing feeling. I worked hard, but it paid off. And I am proud of myself, I showed the world that you can make it a New Year's Resolution to loose weight and follow through with it. Well, I did set it in January, but didn't actually work on it until March. But 10 months of the year is pretty good, if I must say so myself.

3. Save for a cruise. Let's just say that I'm still working on this one. And since the cruise is only 4 months away its time I got serious. But it is booked and our passports are in the process of being made.

4. Housework. Hm, maybe this will have to be on next years list too.

5. Pay the truck off. I LOVE paying off vehicles, but it feels even better to pay them off early. :) I think overall, we paid it off 7 months earlier then our term on the loan.

6. Health issues. My PCOS did fine, right up until the end of the year. I'm now on a new period regulation pill (aka birth control, but I have the no sperm for that), hopefully it will help get my body back to normal.

I also had some foot pain that I finally addressed. I can't remember when, but it was around May, I finally went to see a doctor. My right foot has always hurt. I can't remember a time when it didn't. Some days its not too bad, but other days I can't hardly walk on it. Turns out I have plantar fasciitis. My doctor was great and talked about all of my options. I ended up leaving with some semi-custom arch supports and a cortisone shot. The arch support don't fit in most of my shoes, but I have found that Sketcher's Shape Up shoes work just as well. I have a pair of sneakers for exercise and then some nicer dress type shoes for work. But sometimes I still cave and wear my sexy shoes. By the end of the day my feet are killing me, so I don't do that often. Some other things that help are some foot stretching exercises (that I never remember to do) and icing my foot when the pain is bad. The best way is to freeze a pop bottle full of water. Then I can just roll my foot over it. The cortisone shot helped for about 6 weeks, then the pain slowly came back. It took me until December to finally go get another shot. This one has not worked as well. Right now I'm undecided about what I want to do. My doctor told me there is a surgery I can have, but I'm not ready to consider that, at least not yet.

7. Just enjoy life more. 2011 was an awesome year for me.

Now I just need to decide on some goals for 2012....

No comments: