Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas with my mom

Tonight my mom had all her kids over for Christmas dinner and to exchange presents. 
We got 
"Ecplispe" on DVD (to both of us from my brother)
$25 gift card to Olive Garden (to me from my mom)
$25 gift card to Ruby Tuesday (to Josh from my mom)
$15 gift card to iTunes (to me from my sister)
$15 gift card to Walmart (to Josh from my sister)
Bullets (for Josh for reloading, from my mother) (one box was for Christmas, the other is for his birthday)
Snowman holding a blanket (to me from my mom)
I also got the Hunger Games as an early birthday present.



I wish I had remembered my camera, but I didn't take it because I'm giving my in-laws the same presents I gave to my mom and sister. But I was so excited about my brother Alden's present. He collects shot glasses. A few years ago I saw some display cases for really cheap in a catalog. I asked him what color he wanted, but when I tried to order them, they were no longer available. This summer the same catalog had them listed again. I didn't want to get his hopes up again, so I just ordered them and decided if they came, I would save them for Christmas. Then I also had a shot glass etched with his name and a tiger. Before we left I showed him online where he could get some more cases, so I think that means he really liked it. :)

I'm so excited that Christmas is almost here. I have presents for Josh stashed everywhere (our house, work and his mom's house). His birthday is 2 days after Christmas so I just need to go through it all and decide which is Christmas and which is birthday. And today I thought of two more things, so I'm going to see if I can find them also. 

I'm also excited for Christmas Eve day and how calm it should be. The past several years I have been up until 2 AM finishing presents. I am more on the ball this year, I finished most of my presents yesterday. I have a few more gifts for my friends, but we decided it would be more fun to do them together for a craft night, so we are doing those on Wednesday. 

I'm waiting for one more gift to come in the mail, hopefully it gets here in time. It was a last minute idea for Josh's dad that we are sure he will LOVE. 

2 comments:

Brady and Richelle said...

YAY for The Hunger Games!!!!!! Love them! And your tree looks BEAUTIFUL!!

Jessica said...

You made a serious haul at your mom's house! All those gift cards will be fun for your anniversary though. I'm still waiting for way too many presents to come in the mail and I'm getting nervous. See you Wednesday!